PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Sad Loss
Thread: A Sad Loss
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 19:01
Judge Rembrandt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A sad day indeed.

Very sad news. My sincerest condolences to Linda and sons on their terrible loss.
I first met ‘Whitto’ when he was a young –ish – Nimrod captain who could fly the ‘Mighty Bunter’ but couldn’t legally drive a car! He was years ahead of Del Boy with his ‘plastic pig’.
I had the pleasure, years later, of working for him when he was Boss of the NOCU. A real work hard, play harder kind of guy – always fun to be with. We shared a love of motorbikes and on a day off during a display stint on the West Coast decided we would rent a couple of bikes. Well we couldn’t find any real bikes, but toured the Nappa Valley and down to San Francisco on a couple of fully dressed Harleys – a fantastic day out in great company! He was a real gent in the finest tradition and as commented on earlier, just a funny, funny man. I’d go so far as to say he was one of the nicest Bosses I have ever ‘torched’ at a beer call and I know he will be missed by all that had the pleasure of coming into contact with him, in whichever format.
RIP Sir.
JP