PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Announcement 1st March (Crew thread)
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 15:13
Park Brake Released

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all who have added "what they have heard".
I've heard various stories including the following:
"50 NGs for BA LGW"
"6 A330s as a single fleet LGW, second hand from middle eastern origin to last until A350 ready, 777s back to LHR, and A320/ 319 to be LGW SH"
The old one from Seattle - BA ordered everything they make, 737/ 77/747-8/ 787. Presuambly 737 for LGW on this one.
I have also heard that the lease on the 3/5s is up later this year/ early next year.
Apparently there will be a board meeting in May in which it is expected that the replacement plans for LGW (or maybe closure of) will be anounced.
Oh yes, and that WW has stated that GB will not be a franchise after this year.
I also heard the reason that GB has moved engineering to Virgin, is partly due to the fact that BA has had to pay for them through times of financial difficulty, which does not suit BA.
I work for BA at LGW, so that is where I have heard these stories. I don't profess them to be true, just adding what I have heard in the Rumour area.
Anyone know why GB didn't put a secong a/c up at Man?
Please don't take cheap shots at each other (unless it's a joke), we're all here trying to get a clue as to our future, wherever we work.
Any comments or rumours contrary or to confirm what I have heard greatly appreciated.

Cheers - hope all works out for everyone.

PBR