PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female C-130 pilot - The Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 12:48
justanotherday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh what a silly man

SFFP

Your name just about sums it up!

I have never seen such an arrogant, self-important reply on this forum. It doesn't matter if what she said was taken out of context, she said it. It was a stupid statement but I also agree with many of the other replies that this should never have got past her OC, DETCO or the CRO.

As one of those who does "less stringent duties" I am offended by her apparent disregard for those who allow her to complete her mission.

What does she think the rest of the detachment does when she is airborne? Where does her food come from? What about weapons? Who sorts her pay out? Who makes sure the aircraft is fit to fly? Who spends much of her sleeping hours preparing the int, ops and met data? All three services, at all ranks and in all trades work just as hard if not harder. She is the talk of all three services, and none of it is good.

So rather than defend her because you think she is a good egg, agree with the rest of us that the article was foolish and naive at best and has caused a great deal of resentment and a level of anger from those of us who are not "clever enough" to fly.