PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defopax
Thread: Defopax
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 10:27
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love statistics...you can say anything with them!

In 84% of this company's history they have employed direct entry FOs to the pax fleet.
In 100% of this company's history they have employed direct entry FOs to the pax or freighter fleet.
IN 100% of this company's history there has been at least one person who had a whinge that couldn't be solved! Congratulations A/T, you win.

I had my command delayed several years (not sure how many) by the introduction of ASL. I am still here...it affected me, it annoyed me but I CHOSE to stay. After choosing to stay I think I kinda lost the right to whinge anymore as the only other solution to acceptance was to quit. A/T, you have two choices...accept or leave. Maybe you should resign and give up 2 years seniority and come back as a DEFO!

Did you know that many of the first LEPs were working for CX for 5years+ before they actually joined the aircrew seniority list? I think they have a bigger gripe than yours. But thats just my opinion. Your command will come faster with DEFOs being employed. HKG will be the major base for DEFOs once all the bases are full. Its just cheaper to fill the bases first.

A/T what you should be far more worried about is RA60. That will DELAY your command...the opposite effect to DEFOs.