PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zoom UK
Thread: Zoom UK
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 09:48
wilco5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Visas

yeah even with my current airline we had to go and get the visa ourselves and fill out the form etc...
They did book the appointment and we went as a group however if u can book it for a convenient time yourself I think it'll be easier.
I might be able to help with what needs to be filled in on certain parts of the form, this is what I had to fill in when I went and it seems to be fairly generic.
Answers to questions:
24 Various
25 Various
26 Max 14 days
27 Transit
28 Zoom Airlines

28 was my current airline name but I presume you just put the company your working for.

Apparently when u print it out it MUST be in black ink on A4 paper. You MUST also have a passport photo with white or off white background which MUST be stuck (glue) or stapled to the form.

for your appointment you should have

passport
form DS156
form DS157 (if male)
Covering Letter on company headed paper
Money for visa
and £10 to cover courier charge for returning your passport.

As I say I hope this helps and good luck to you all going up there.
Oh and just to clear it up, you only need your visa if you are entering the US or leaving the US as crew. Not if your flying west of the U.K. or if entering and leaving the US as a passenenger. If your flying to the carribean etc... you will travel through US airspace and will have filled out a form from the department of homeland security, but this isn't a Visa.