PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Impending FI Skills test! eeek
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 09:41
jamestkirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FI test

Hello pipergirl.

The main thing i can remember is that he started the test STRAIGHT away and did not open the throttle fully on T/O. So start as soon as you step in. he did not mind though, as we were chatting on the way out.

I found the whole experience quite interesting and very different from a CPL/IR skills test. He may ask some aerodynamic questions (based on the flight exercise) that he would expect you to know as a F/ATPL holder. Mine was on reduced lateral stability around the longitudinal plane when extending flaps. And why is yaw the secondary effect of yaw etc. But generally stuff you already covered on the course so not really too much of a headache.

If you have not chosen a long brief yet. I did mine on airspace infringements, which went down very well. The CAA produced a document called 'on track' that i used to get the information. It impressed my FI examiner no-end as he wrote it. I acted surprised when he told me that, but i may have known that he wrote it already. I just vained shiort term memory loss.

You will enjoy the test and i perosnally learned more about flying from the FI course than any other.

Let us all know how you get on

Regards
JTK