PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-22 Software glitch
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 05:25
jwcook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dozerf22 on Fencecheck said this

As you can read on the site we experienced a problem on the deployment leg from Hawaii to Kadena. I thinks its funny since there are so many complicated things that it would be so simple as a line of software code and I believe it's going to be about that simple. Who would have thought, or caught, the software line of code that divided 180 by 0 when you cross the dateline from east to west?? Obviously some engineer never considered that! From my perspective its one of those little things you continue to work out of the system as it matures - they already have a fix in place and the contractor has people on the ground fixing it - to be quite honest, I think its a tremendous sucess story - why? A problem was discovered (expected in a new jet no matter what Raptor opponents will say, NO jet has ever been problem free nor will there ever be), and within a few days its identified and a fix is being put in place in the field, 5,000 miles away out in the field on an operational deployment - that sure seems like one heck'uva a feat to me! In fact, they're now working on the code to make sure we don't discover another "feature" like that to make sure it's good around the globe.
Cheers