PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting to Muscat without stopping in UAE
Old 15th Feb 2007, 02:34
reverserunlocked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting to Muscat without stopping in UAE

Chaps, need a hand here. Me and the other half fancy a week at the Chedi in Muscat later in the year. Problem is, in a previous life I worked for a shyster in Dubai who left me high and dry without a salary for the best part of six months (sounds familiar hey?) and I had to do a bunk leaving some fairly hefty bills behind with the bank and a car loan.
That was, wait for it, 9 years ago, but to this day when overflying the UAE my bottom clenches slightly at the prospect of a cargo hold fire warning or similair diversion that ends in me being hauled off by a unsympathetic man with a beard at immigration. Now, overflight is one thing but a fuel stop in Dubai or Abu Dhabi as most airlines do en route to Muscat is a risk I'm terrified of. All it takes is some idiot who got his driving licence on a horse and cart to bash the pressure hull with a catering truck and we're going nowhere, apart perhaps to jail!
So, how can I get to Muscat without stopping in Dubai or Abu Dhabi? GF via BAH? Egyptair? QR via DOH? Anyone know the schedules to this part of the sandpit?