PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BCFT groundschool
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2007, 23:12
Another TD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BCFT DL notes

I have just received the books for part one of the DL course.
The notes are poor compared to the BGS notes and the few Oxford books bought on Ebay, for example in the systems book many diagrams are schematics, which are almost impossible to understand because they are in black and white! Some diagrams are from Airliner world and I'm sure some pictures from flt sim!
The written style is dis-jointed with questions as a heading prior to the subject,this causes a jump in subject matter as opposed to a smooth transition as one reads the subject. Basically it gets on my nerves, after a while, reading this material.
The books do contain a lot of material, as a B1 engineer I was surprised how detailed the systems manuals are, but in comparison to the quality of the BGS and Oxford manuals I would suggest BCFT DL course is over priced by several hundred pounds.
Having said this the flight school is receiving nothing but praise, which was the main influencing factors for choosing the DL package. What am I going to do? Perhaps I can get a refund and enrol with Oxford or BGS then flight train with BCFT.