PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination: Fighting the CAA! (+ update)
Old 14th Feb 2007, 23:04
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dennis - everyone knows you are unique old boy. A genuine 1 percentile as they say in the medical world. How can any normal pleb hold a candle to you?
May you still have many fruitful flights to come.

As you go onto say - you could be flying next to an ab initio pilot of say 17 and decide to pop your clogs on his second trip...what then perchance?

A 60 yr old these days is the 1950's equivalent of a 75 yr old (then). The system is still 20+ yrs behind.

I have received an e-mail from the CAA today telling me they have re convened a workgroup to look once more at the retirement age for single pilot commercial ops. Let's hope that this new generation CAA understands that we are now in the 21st century and things have moved on somewhat.

Whirly - to jump the gun perhaps, a stress ECG is done whilst on a running machine where the platform tilts to simulate an incline. This is the ultimate ECG test to determine that if anything is going bang, it will happen then! They have to have a trauma team on standby in case the old ticker goes into cardiac arrest! But it is a very routine test nowadays for anyone who needs to be checked out by the CAA thoroughly for ticker flicker!!!

I presume Dennis that something has come up on previous ECG's and this is their safety net?