PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair: approach incidents in the news
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2007, 20:03
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
captainpaddy and Aloue,

Perhaps you guys should check some simple facts properly before posting.

I am not in any way defending Ryanair.

If I was rising to the defence of Ryanair then I would hardly highlight a series of safety reports from a UK airport regarding operators breaching minima when one of those reports was regarding as Ryanair flight. Several others related to UK operators.

What I am doing is simply asking why when other UK operators have been reported to the CAA for breaches of minima is this matter put forward as simply a Ryanair matter or a situation caused by management style, pressure etc etc.

If you people were not so determined to attack Ryanair and take everyone who puts forward a differene view as being in defence of Ryanair you would have time to get your facts right.

Go read the CAA incident reports from the last while and then tell us it is a Ryanair issue.

Minima are busted in the UK on probably a more frequent basis than you would expect. Most times ATC don't notice and nothing gets reported. Is that safe? Is that Ryanair's fault?

Finally, we are talking safety here. Without centerline lights, CAT3 landings would be unsafe due to the lack of visual references in the rollout unless the RVR is 550+.....agreed?

Why then is it more safe for one operator to know that the RVR is less than 550m and land CAT3 and for another to do the exact same but be unsafe....simply because they received the information earlier. If landing in less than 550 CAT3 with no centerline lights is unsafe then everyone who did that regardless of when the RVR reading was received was unsafe. The only debating point is the technical issue of when with that information available the approach should be discontinued?

Regards,

DFC