PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barcelona Runway TO/Ground Close call
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2007, 15:05
calypso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is amazing, foreigners do not speak english as well as the brits, a poor vector leading to a go around at 2000'. A controler used a not approved word (thankfully he was promptly corrected). Shock, horror....

Get real guys. ATC in Barcelona has some room for improvement, granted. But you fly abroad and seem shocked to find out that people do not speak your language as well as you do, like to do things a little different and even speak their own (ICOA aproved) language among themselves. In fact they seem altogether foreign. It seems nobody here has ever flown past the Swiss border... I wonder how would you cope flying anywhere past Moscow, Turkey, The Med....

It always makes me smile when a controler clears a UK aircraft to FL1-0-0
and the reply comes slightly condescending "clear FL One hundred". Not aware apparently that this is a UK filed difference and not standard ICAO RT? A bit more respect for the rules and ways of doing things of the countries we visit is in order. Yes they are different but it is also their country.

This in no way means that BCN TAC is perfect or that there is no room for improvement, far from it. Is just gets to me the ugly Johnie foreigner bashing slant of this thread.