PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2007, 14:29
foldingwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jpa And Advances Of Expense Claims

It's been a while since I posted on PPRuNe but this, today, took the absolute biscuit!

I have the unbounded pleasure of being on annual leave and resettlement before I commence my terminal leave in a couple of months time. MOD have very kindly permitted me, and are prepared to fund, 2 excellent courses that will set me up for my leisure retirement after a lifetime in the RAF. So, I occasionally go to work to sort out the paperwork and submit the necessary applications on JPA and in PSF etc. 2 courses equals 2 advances; neither course happens until late March but, keen to get everything in order, I'm ready and the paperwork and advance applications (on JPA) are complete.

Sadly, JPA appears to be unable to cope with 2 simultaneous advances and, having received them both duly authorised by my PSF, have decided that the first should be cancelled against its 'credit note' from the second with the end result that no money gets paid into my bank account!!!!! . It will take them 10 days to sort the problem out and get the money to my bank.

You couldn't script it! It just gets better.

Last year, if you'd asked me if I was ready to leave the Service after 37 years, I would have said no! This year? Try holding me back!