PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female C-130 pilot - The Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2007, 14:09
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chelsea,

"Had an OR given an interview in similar vein they would have been in deep trouble"

Why? If the interview had been approved why would anyone be in trouble?

"In my experience groundcrew work long hours getting the aircraft ready before and after flight meaning sleep is at a premium when on deployment."

As do just about everyone else including the crews, 14 hours on then 10 for 10 days at a time is not unusual!

"Many other personnel are in far more dangerous situations than C-130 aircrew. If I were the army I would be particularly aggrieved as they constantly deal with situations in theatre that can cost a lot more lives than a herc crew."

I don't disagree with some of what you say however bearing in mind how many folk travel in Albert in theater do the sums yourself.

"I am sure she makes sure she gets adequate rest when on a red flag or other detachments."

Possibly or possibly not but as dets other than the desert are few and far between who really knows.

"Irrespective of how she meant to come across for a supposed intelligent pragmatic individual she hasn't done very well."

Correct she has not come across very well but how do you KNOW what she meant and how she hoped to come across when giving the interview?

"As for the person who claims that having experienced guard duty on IOT and it is easy I suggest they try it in theatre or indeed for a sustained period of time anywhere. Or even living in field conditions for months at a time "

What is difficult about guard duty, I have done it in Best blue armed with a pick axe handle, QRF on a nuclear armed base, live armed guard as we are now and guard commander and have yet to find anything difficult about it. Yes it's tiring, boring, tedious pick your own adjective for it but it's certainly not difficult. In fact it's that easy I have colleagues who would rather do a month of it in UK than go on yet another month long living in field conditions sandy det!

There is no them and us, you just think there is