PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female C-130 pilot - The Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2007, 13:43
Chelskiboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 Had an OR given an interview in similar vein they would have been in deep trouble
2 In my experience groundcrew work long hours getting the aircraft ready before and after flight meaning sleep is at a premium when on deployment.
3 Many other personnel are in far more dangerous situations than C-130 aircrew. If I were the army I would be particularly aggrieved as they constantly deal with situations in theatre that can cost a lot more lives than a herc crew.
4 I am sure she makes sure she gets adequate rest when on a red flag or other detachments.
5 Irrespective of how she meant to come across for a supposed intelligent pragmatic individual she hasn't done very well.
6 It is precisely this kind of statement and attitude which creates the them and us condition between aircrew and ground crew.
7. As for the person who claims that having experienced guard duty on IOT and it is easy I suggest they try it in theatre or indeed for a sustained period of time anywhere. Or even living in field conditions for months at a time - That was probably an even more crass statement than the interview.