PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 3
Thread: CARDIFF - 3
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2007, 13:25
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gosh for such a small airport it certainly gets plenty of posts.

I'm going to write in defence of the airport, before John Horne and his colleagues took over the running of the airport it had been neglected for many a year, capital expenditure had been poor to non existent with projects pushed back and back so that when the current hierarchy took over they were faced with a massive project of works just to bring the place up to standard let alone push forward with expansion. Many projects which most at the airport and certainly passengers will not be aware of have gone ahead which have costs hundreds of thousands if not Millions. We are now seeing an expansion of the terminal building, increase and improvement of stand layout and lets face it an increase to over 2 million passengers last year.

We can all stand back and say oh we aren't Bristol, we aren't Manchester but lets just look at what has gone on at the place. I have been here 7 years and have seen a marked improvement in the place.

Most of us with any connection to the airport wish to see it's success and that will most definitely include the MD and fellow board and other members of the management team. It is easy for those working for handling agents etc to say it's crap and nothing is happening but do you truly believe they just sit in their offices not trying to figure out how to make the best of the airport?

As regional airports go it is a lovely little place, airside is so much better than other small regionals I have been too, that isn't to say i don't want it to be improved and yes there is plenty of room for improvement but it is a dilemma for those trying to balance the books, they have to fund these changes and you only do that by the amount of capital you have.

Sometimes unfortunately you miss the boat and when Go was looking for a place to set up Cardiff wasn't in the position it is now, if it was who is to say how things would have been.

Just an aside in defence of Twin Aisle, where he and I may have certain personal differences of opinions he has been in the business of airlines for many a year, perhaps he does come across as arrogant at times, but then who doesn't when they talk about their own profession, his posts are worth reading and directed personal remarks are below the belt.