PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female C-130 pilot - The Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2007, 11:46
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SFFP
Thank you for your such eloquent remarks - it clearly shows your level of intelligence and understanding.

I have no doubt that the young lady has been to the sand pit more times than I have, but so what? My time there was spent operating in theatre for a couple of months at a time, not trucking to and from! If you would like me to work out my flying hours 'in theatre' please let me know and I'llm be glad to oblige you.

Whatever you feel about my few remarks, I do note that you make absolutely no reference to any of the outrageous ones made by her? Do you agree with them? Do you agree with any of them?

The fact is, this girl was bang out of order, both for giving the interview in the first place and by compounding things with her stupid and ignorant remarks "they might break a pencil" - how sad and pathetic is that?

Yes, I may be old and crusty, and I may even be a bit sexist, and I sadly no longer spend several moths at a time in the sand pit, but I don't think I'm the buffoon here. I think it is she, and possibly you for defending her!

And just for the record, as AIRCREW I am embarrassed by her comments about the troops and so should you be. Without ALL of them, (even the blunties) we wouldn't have anything at all, try to remember that. They don't need to be made to feel any less wanted or respected by pompous and unwarranted comments as made by your young baby co-pilot.

TSM