PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BCFT groundschool
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2007, 09:50
camel toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst perhaps not quite the answer you want as I haven’t started there yet I can give you my opinion from when I visited the school.
I took a trip to BCFT a few months back, rocked up mid morning and spent my time being shown around by Dena Dove (PA to head of training), I had a chat with a few students and lecturers, and went away with a very good feel for the place.
I also visited a few other schools including Cabair, Stapleford and Cov, and after chewing the fat I opted to book myself onto the residential ATPL ground school at BCFT. I didn’t rush into this, and I took a good few months thinking about the sort of place I wanted to go to. I’m fortunate in that I spent 3 years at University and know the sort of place and classroom sizes that I perform best in, and you will hear arguments for both smaller and larger classroom groups from the different ground school providers.
There wasn’t one deciding factor for my decision, there was no “eureka” moment or anything like that, I just felt for me it had the best vibe.
I can’t tell you anything more at this stage, but I would recommend visiting as many schools as you can to see how you feel about the location, the staff, the culture and the students (although things can and do change).
Good luck and I look forward to reading from existing and past students on their recent experiences with BCFT.
Camel Toe
“Over Macho Grande?”

Last edited by camel toe; 14th Feb 2007 at 09:59. Reason: formatting