PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New career - becoming part of the aviation industry
Old 13th Feb 2007, 23:55
aircabbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mate heaps of jobs and yes i hear that there will be pilot shortages , Ok maybe 500hrs on 737 , though there will be alot of movement around shortly. Thats if you decide to move down that track , I belive , reading your posts that maybe , Instructing Would be a great job from the information that you have described . But it is expensive i must admit. There are loads of baggage handling jobs around perth , also things such as Aviation Engineering , aviation welding these guys are in huge demand , and i belive there is a guy at Jandakot thats the Trade side which means 4yrs or so getting a trade but Huge bucks when you have . Oh and of course your not only around acft yur usally got your head stuck in one ! AirBp which has been mentioned before was a good one there is also Shell i belive. ATC is another option ( though i think you need to be in Melbourne for a while on course ) there advertising all the time. Look up the airservices website and there is a place on there for jobs ect things from ATC to Fire fighters ect .
Customs do alot of immigration work at the airports .
Mate these are just a few For you to think about . Hey a Aviation trade may well be a good way to fund you into Instructing !!