PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Sad Loss
Thread: A Sad Loss
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 22:55
DFM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another good guy and a sad loss.

A quick tribute, if I may.............One of the best after beer call, after dining in, and after an "on det, so let's have a party, speaker's" you could ever have wished to have in your company and have the privelage of working for. Honest, generous, to the point, and simply wasted as a pilot, as he was too funny, entertaining and didn't have an ego! Should have been on the circuit as a stand-up raconteur.

I Remember the Hamlet in Conicavel and just about remember the drinking contest that he and Linda (and rest of the Sqn) engaged in to see off the Portugese Maritme Sqn when he subbed as chief host on CXX many moons ago...........lots and lots of laughter and plenty plenty good times.

Very very sad to hear of his passing, our thoughts are with Linda and boys. Keep on smiling through the hurt guys, and you know the Hairy Eng is right on the money when he said,...... and I paraphrase,...." the RAF and everyone else (even those who didn't know him) have lost a fine man and we find ourself in a lesser place for his parting"......shine on you crazy diamond!