PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female C-130 pilot - The Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 21:08
Spottypilot

Good Article, well done Caz!

Congratulations on an article which fulfilled its' role nicely. The whole point of the "A life in the day" series is to give outsiders a window into your (possibly interesting) life, your perspectives and what is like to be you. I for one, thought that this article fitted the bill with a nicely pitched conversational tone. My mother, with little military knowledge, read and enjoyed the article, while normally quite a critical person she felt it helped her get to know what it's like to be aircrew on ops.

Caz is a great girl with a pragmatic, get on with it attitude, which many in the Forces could learn from, the personal attacks on her and her judgement are unfair and unwarranted.

Reference the much commented upon sleeping arrangements; Aviation is an endeavour in which a slight misjudgement made in an instant, under pressure can easily lead to death as has been tragically proven on far too many occasions, I suggest that getting the best sleep you can is a good idea! Aircrew are not the only people to operate under these conditions, and i really hope the Docs, nurses sentries etc get to sleep well too. However there are many in war zones who have the luxury of jobs where this is not the case. That's not to belittle the importance of the job or the person who does it or even to say that their mistakes if unchecked, will not cost lives, it's just to say that the environment may be less hostile than the one in which aircrew and others find themselves. If you have taken offence at her comments you really need to get out more and get a life!