PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female C-130 pilot - The Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 20:58
propulike

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BB
...the less stringent tasks of a medic in Basrah...yes, they might drop a pencil but they might also fail to save someone’s life!

...the less stringent tasks of an air trafficker...oops, they might approve the army to fire mortars in an area where you're flying and you might get shot down!

...and what about the regt, techies, police and personnel guarding the base. I'd hardly call any of them less stringent duties!!!
You're wrong. You can guard, dig etc when you're knackered. Done IOT? ATC can't approve the Army to shoot down aircraft with mortars, they don't singularly own that bit of the sky. Medics do work very long hours legally and without claiming it's dangerous (junior docs). None of them have to work without a break. And if they do cock up, they don't kill at least five others - along with themselves. The jobs AREN'T comparable. However.

I can't believe she was trying to belittle anyone to make herself seem omnipotent. Lots of quotes no doubt, that one used BECAUSE it would be controversial and therefore good press.

Caz, an interview given and rewritten for a Sunday paper's magazine back page readership. Made ME laugh, but - you're a damned good operator. Don't change because of the anonymous opinions of those here (as if you would!). Take a deep breath before this year's review though.....