PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - teaching stalls
Thread: teaching stalls
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 19:18
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFD,

Agree with most of your points. "Stick sufficiently far forward to unstall the wing" is indeed better than my suggestion.

As for the nose being "high", though, I disagree. It is indeed true that the aircraft can stall in any attitude, and this is a vital piece of theory to be understood at some point - but for the purposes of Ex10bi, the nose will be high. And in the kinds of stalls which kill people (in the circuit), one of the first cues that something is not right is very often that the nose is higher than expected (a cue which many pilots ignore or don't notice, but I'm sure you agree that, as an instructor, you've noticed the nose being too high when your students are flying circuits and have attempted to rectify?)

I don't believe I said that you should wait for Vy before pitching up? What I said was that, once the symptoms of the stall have gone away, you should pitch to the Vy attitude - the pitching begins once the symptoms have gone away. If that's not clear from my post, then I hope this clarifies.

FFF
---------------