PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay boss: "Young pilots don't think about pensions or medical care, just want 777"
Old 13th Feb 2007, 14:20
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wee one (so many exclamation marks, so little ...??) and others
I'll bite!

Do you know the full background of the person you're disparaging??
Maybe he WAS 777 endorsed in a previous life??
Yes?? No?? Maybe??
I do not know - do you??

A small question about the big picture - why does an airline like EK, who trumpet themselves as, well, nothing less than the Second Coming and who are happy to trumpet that, well, they have recruited nothing but the "best of the best" in experience even HAVE to look at DEC??

Either MANAGEMENT have recruited crap pilots in the past who are incapable of being upgraded OR the present FLT OPS MANAGEMENT do not have the ability/talent to co-ordinate the upgrades of totally able, suitable and qualified candidates.
Hmmm - common mention of management there, wonder if that's significant??
Were I a betting man I'd go for the second option - there's heaps of "managers" out there when all people really need is a "Leader", someone whom they respect and want to follow.

So - back to a simple question: why are you having a go at individuals when it seems quite clear it is the EK management who seem more than content to have created this crap and have no resolve to fix it??

To clarify for any interested - I believe to "manage" is also to "lead", they go hand-in-hand; it seems I am in a (vast?) minority.

Regards to all.