PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to aquire BA Connect. Crew thread. (No Spotters)-(Part 2)
Old 13th Feb 2007, 13:16
oldflyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tandemrotor & Skyayn Vannin,

It's not a question of sides, it's simply wanting to clarify what is happening. Personally I think the numbers of crew leaving BACON are very worrying for all concerned, my post was not meant to imply that posters here were telling porkies, rather that the little piglets seem to be emerging from the management side.

I have been in the regions for a long time and have chosen to tie my colours to the future with BACON/FLYBE, but totally respect others who have left or propose to do so. The very sad thing is how badly the whole thing has been managed, not least the appalling way others who do not have a choice of a job in FlyBe are being treated, as my other posts have indicated.i.e. customer services, scheduling,ramp services,operations etc.

I frankly look forward to working with another company that (hopefully or am I being naive?) is not always on the back foot because the folk at the top could not manage their way out of a wet paper bag.

Whatever the maths, BA do not want an unprofitable business. The debate in the future surely must be around why so much incompetance was allowed to continue for so many years. It is criminal that BA can take 4 airlines(BA Regional, BRAL, Brymon & Manx) and turn these profitable, albeit not hugely so, businesses around to make major losses in so short a time.

Has anyone attended the Strong/Witts roadshow in Manch today and asked the question about Pilot numbers? If so, what was the response?

Last edited by oldflyboy; 13th Feb 2007 at 13:43.