PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tales from Kai Tak
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 11:57
John MacCalman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tales from Kai Tak

Hiya Folks,

I had previously made available to the aviation community the radio doucumentary I produced for Radio Clyde back 1998 about flying down the IGS 13 to land at Kai Tak.

I left Radio Clyde in July 2007, and sad to say they no longer host the audio in their archives. Fortunately I have subsequently found new hosting and also given permission to some creative folks to add sim video to the audio.

Some folk working on a new Flight Sim program for Kai Tak have done some magic with my audio by adding flight sim visuals to it, under the title Kai Tak Reloaded.

Check Kai Tak Reloaded here Kai Tak Reloaded

The radio documentary can be heard in full here http://aviation.narain.com/9dragons/...om_kai_tak.m3u

The computer graphics imaging (cgi)was done by these guys Videos Page

and if you want to download the Kai Tak Reloaded video you can do it here
http://voz-ai.org/kaitak/videos/KAI_TAK_RELOADEDHD.zip

If any of the folk you helped me make the show are still around I'd love to hear from them. Also please post any comments on the show and memories about the IGS 13 approach here on pprune.

Thanks to eveyone involved in Hong Kong aviation who made the show possible specially British Airways and Cathay Pacific for the flight deck access. Also thanks to those at the Northwest Airlines flight simulator training centre, NATCO, in Minneapolis and to all flight crews, active and retired, military,cargo and passenger, from many different organisations around the world. A special thanks also to the ATC staff at Hong Kong Tower and Approach Radar. The documentary would never have been made without the help from all mentioned.

John MacCalman
Glasgow, Scotland

PS I am still researching my Micronesia Avaition TV documentary but funding is the main stumbling block!

Last edited by John MacCalman; 5th Aug 2012 at 08:55. Reason: updating link info so that those who want the audio don't have to scroll all the way through the thread