PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Announcement 1st March (Crew thread)
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 11:14
Autobrake Low

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tiggerific - I was expressing personal opinion that conditions were better for me at BA. In fact the very fact that the strong unions enable strike action (as a last resort) to protect those conditions, seem to indicate that it is not a bad place to be!!!! It stops people walking all over the workforce!
My underlying point is that you control your destiny - you choose who you work for - at least try and work for. How do you think you come across with constant moaning about big bad BA - not caring - all snobs - looking down on people? It does seem to suggest that you have the problem - especially as a I said before I have not seen any such attitude on personal levels within the airline.
If you are not happy to be sold off - relocated etc or whatever misfortune might befall you in your present outfit I would suggest that you move somewhere where that is least likely to happen!
As for 'knowledge of other airlines' - you may be the most wordly person on airline events but I dont see why it is a pre-requisite in order to avoid being arrogant by taking an interest in all business affairs. Aren't people entitled to sleep at night without worrying about how the chief exec of Cathay is going to incorporate Dragon air into the business model? Or how the new Thomas Cook/Mytravel model will shape the market? Some people just like to go to work and do the job and come home - surely thats not a state of arrogance!!