PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 10:49
shortarse_Yoda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took the CAA test last around 11 years ago. I have never had any issues with my SODA (apart from the CAA no accepting it and only giving me a restricted class 2 medical on the basis of my FAA class 1). However I have only ever worked as a flight instructor and don't any more but I would like to do it again and really want to push getting my UK 'day only' restrictions lifted. My colour vision fails the latern test but in reality flying at night I have neve had an issue with , VASA, PAPI etc and other aircraft. I had 1 1 hour flight test at night with an FAA medical examiner and he was satisfied. I'ts rediculus as I have a UK comercial licence but can only fly at day time!

When you say the CAA test has changed do you mean the holmes - wright latern test or whatever it's called, or something else. I like you are an old dude but I cannot get flying bug out of my head even now after all these years if I could have got a UK medical 20years ago I would be a virgin a340 skipper by now, bummer!