PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - YSBK: Another aircraft down but safe
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 10:32
Capt Mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can indeed confirm that your alleged rumour has officially been confirmed from a trusted source.
Honestly I cannot believe the crap I have read in the last page of this thread. Im curious SQ7700, who is this trusted source - and did they really confirm that the pilots have been operating outside of the aircraft's limitations? Because I know the operator and its pilots - and know that extreme caution has always been taken (especially being new to the fleet) and that the aircraft have not been operating outside of aircraft engine limitations and that they were not operated in high temperatures outside of the flight manual. Whether a manufacturing problem or not, to blame the pilots for these failures, without a clue as to how the aircraft were being operated is .

You have made it quite clear that you know the J160 well, and from sounds of things you are associated with Jabiru, if so then you would know that the initial findings of the first failure have not indicated poor handling. What caused these failures - I have no idea, but it would be nice to get the answers before people go and point a desperate finger at the pilots.

Perhaps the Jabs were never meant to be operated in a busy professional flight training organisation, after all weren't they designed for recreational flying?

Anyway, safe flying!

Capt Mo