PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair Airbus Rosters
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 09:22
AnQrKa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"And you would be rathetr flying with????
Yea I thought so.
Back on the subject, can anyone share some more info on whats involved in the interview/sim.
Kindly and many tailwinds,"

Its not about who we would rather be flying with. What a pointless comment. I am employed by KA and until something comes along that is worth the paperwork/licencing/visa/rent/crapola involved in changing jobs, I will put up with it. ibus kicks off by asking questions about the rostering - if you dont like the answers, dont read.

Rostering - crap. Pathetic. 8-9 days off and anything outside of these, dont make plans. Rosters will change, stby callouts the norm, more sectors when finnishing a 3 day pattern. High sick leave as a result that makes it all worse and it becomes self perpetuating.

Pay - as good as it gets and the only reason people stay.

Aircraft - some old some new. Maintained by basically no one except for a deferral by add.

HKG - ok. sort of. polluted. bueracratic to the max. humid but not as bad as the ME.

Staff - other drivers are all pretty good to work with and in my case one of the highlights. a good bunch of guys.

Training - basically old school garbage. Bring a bag of airbus time and you can pretty much ignore the crap told by the instructor.

interview - if you can answer important questions like "when does the fmc msg input destination data come up" then you will be fine.

sim ride - raw data, manual thrust handflown in an airbus - cos thats how we really fly an airbus, isnt it.