PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia flight college
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2007, 07:36
yoda1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey

Kavala tower, G-yoda1, radio check on 121.5mhz.

so what is your plan or what are you advised to do regards studing the course work before you go out there? do you intend to study the whole course before you go?
Speed bird, what you are doing is excellent! Keep it up! Study, Study Study. The more you know before you go out there the easier you life will be Also i would advise you to get a copy of the ppl confuser and/or a subscription to airquiz.com. These 2 publications contain the complete jaa ppl question bank.

The only thing to be worried about is if the HCAA has started using the jaa question bank for ppl theory . Ah yes in January they asked us to sit all the ppl exams in the space of one day from the hours of 9:00am to 2:00pm. There is no way you can do nine exams in that space of time and no way you can finish the ppl in 28 days consequently. Lord help you if you have a resit and if they still have not started using the jaa question bank then lord help you further. .

The school requires you to get 85% on the mocks before they allow you to progress to the actual ppl exams.

but then U have to take exams that might take total more than 3 weeks in total.
hehe lol spot on sort off.

Extra costs, as mentioned is the accommodation. Make sure you budget £3k ontop of the price just in case (my opinion - you prob can get away with 2k). They don't pay for weekends. I was spending 300 euros per month before i left for food.

Keromoti is a nice place to stay but anyone going there should take allot of dvd's as greek tv is poo.

Iv already asked instructors at EG and they do not mind the odd one or two questions however, if its somthing like going through a CRP-5 which can take upto an hr (explaining literally everything) then you will be charged an hourly rate
At the school they have oxford cbt material and in general circulation between students there is a oxford disc containing all the ppl subjects. One of the cd's contains info on how to use the nav computer. This is a must! I say again must! get a copy and use it. You will be spinning those wheels in no time.

The CATS guide that you are talking about are not needed until the JAR-ATPL groundschool and is included in the 0-to-fATPL package.
I am just wondering if they have anyone to teach the atpl subjects yet

Egnatia's management is excellent and you will enjoy being out there

Rock on

Last edited by yoda1; 13th Feb 2007 at 11:49.