PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly
Thread: Thomsonfly
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2007, 21:17
*757*boy*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Warwicks I don't agree - this is not how recruitment normally happens at all. I am waiting to rejoin for my 5th summer at TOM. In previous years we've had our rejoining contracts sent out in December and have started back at work at some bases as early as January but the norm being february and March. The only base to be severely affected this coming summer is LBA - there are only 17 permanent crew there, it's hardly rocket science to find these people a place at an alternative base of their choice or offer them a decent severance package.
What will be an impossible task is to now try and schedule all the training for the rejoiners and new crew before the 1st of May - we only have 10 weeks to go before the summer season starts and it takes 6 weeks for Initials to go through their training............should the company ever decide to send out letters to anyone drowning in the holding pool. Rejoiners must be back online before Initials get their wings.
Looks like there's going to be some fun and games during the first few weeks of May then!