PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female C-130 pilot - The Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2007, 21:16
BleepBleep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like there are a number of culprits here, that said I don't believe that there was not very close CRO / Corperate Comms scrutiny on what was been written, even after a lot of "preparation". In spite of that I can't believe that every word attributed to her was made up - for crying out loud what about quote: "When I joined up there was no war and I didn’t think about that side of things." Is she so good that she comissioned well before she graduated? Or does she actually believe that time with the UAS is true service; ignoring that she can't have been paying much attention to current affairs - when have we not been on operations of one kind or another since the Berlin Wall came down. I can only thank God that earlier operations have not been as casualty heavy as life in Iraq or Afganistan.

On the comments about being so important she can't sleep with non-crew because she more important (OK para-phrasing and the like) but it's not unusual. In Kuwait in '99 there was more than just a little tension when the Herc crews ferrying pax into theatre headed straight to the nearest 5* hotel in Kuwait city as "the accomodation was a flight safety hazard"! While the GR1 crews who were flying live combat missions North of the 34th parallel (or whatever the boundary was) and were off-loading a lot less armament than were up-loaded, while living in the cockroach infested flight-saftey hazard!! Never mind the aircrew - ground-crew friction the (minority of) multi-meal trucky fleet can casue all manner of other factions!!