PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female C-130 pilot - The Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2007, 20:13
Prop-Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm guessing none of you have flown C 130s in the desert. What Caz states is essentialy true. She doesn't state that the duties carried out by non flyers are not important but simply puts it that if she is not on top of her game the consequences are potentialy more serious if she was to make a mistake.
Would you fly on a BA/Virgin flight knowing the crew had F' all sleep due to constant interuptions during the night?........... Didn't think so.
However, would you let a slightly drowzy check in attendant or baggage handler assist you before the flight?.......Of course you would( and probably have!).
Look, i'm not interested in a Pissing contest between pilots and "everyone else" and I am a firm believer that we are all one team but there seems to be a fundemental mis understanding of the importance of crew rest.
I know Caz well and she is an excellent example of a professional pilot. You would do well to have her at the controls of your C130 next time you are being ferried around the gulf.
Caz, don't listen to people with half the facts or not willing to admit the importance of your job. Fly safe and keep bringing them home in one piece!

Last edited by Prop-Ed; 13th Feb 2007 at 08:31.