PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2007, 20:08
shortarse_Yoda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAR Latern test

Just stumbled across this forum whilst looking for info on whether the latern test has changed yet at the CAA for people who fail the plates. I have a C1 FAA with SODA I have not flown for 10 years. It seems that from what I read that there are several different latern tests depending on ehat country you go to. I have failed the UK CAA one but might pass one in say Holland BUT even if I did I would have to do the complete CPL or ATPL of the country that I took the medical in? As I understand it the CAA would not accept the medical as a basis to issue the CAA medical, BUT if I did the whole licence in Holland they would issue a CAA licence on the basis of my dutch licence - is this correct?

The reason I ask is that the differing standards of the CV test in different JAR countries might allow me to pass in one or other European country.

I'm in pretty much the same boat as a number of people in this thread and would like to know if my summary is correct. BTW Gatwick will have me on record as failing the latern test, twice - I got a retest as a favour from the chief pilot at an Airline I used to work for, but it doesn't change things the second time around!

Kindest regards to all.

SY