PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Save The Red Arrows - Sign the Petition
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2007, 19:52
threepointonefour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saving the Glory boys is indeed commendable, but without a

"I DON'T WANT TO SAVE THE REDS"

petitition, our slimy government will get away with it.

ie. Suppose 1 million people sign the Downing St site's petition to save the Reds ... TB, in justification of his decision to scrap them, will point out that approx 59 million either don't want them or couldn't be @rsed to log on. He may even cut the 59m down, taking into a/c kids and non-internet able people and still claim that only 1 in 20 of the UK public want to keep the Reds.

AL1 to the above ref to TB's decision .... obviously he'll make someone else make the decision, after a one-sided, pre-determined inquiry led by a Red Arrows skeptic which recommends ditching them.

One-sided petitions are fine, but they don't mean a thing to this lot (look at the Countryside Alliance!). Also take a look at his response to the 'Save Northolt's Heritage' response - basically, "We agree with you, the British People, about historical preservation, so we've made the RAF choose which two bits of the station they want to keep and which they would like us to bulldoze."

ps. My reference to the Countryside Alliance is illustrative only - I'm with the foxes on that issue!!

Last edited by threepointonefour; 12th Feb 2007 at 20:19. Reason: I added bold to the headline for artistic impression