PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Announcement 1st March (Crew thread)
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2007, 17:53
tiggerific_69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The attitude displayed by some posters in this thread makes me realise exactly why i dont want to join BA mainline. I am in the regions, this talk down attitude towards us about being in the NSP, the ignorance towards BA Connect (not even knowing if it is a Subsidiary or a Franchise?!?!) is just absolute snobbery. If Willie Walsh wants to make job cuts, he will. He did it at Aer Lingus, and im sure they were protected by employment law, and he wont be afraid of doing it at BA. Just like Mr Walsh has done with BA Connect, he wont be afraid to do it elsewhere to other parts of the business. Im not bitter about the Flybe takeover, infact im quite looking forward to it. We work our asses off up here, when mainline crew go on strike, we rescue the pax stuck out in Europe, we have to explain to them why their flight has been cancelled and why theyve been delayed for so long, and we get no thanks for it. We get asked by passengers when we're going on strike, and quite frankly i dont particularly like being attached to such a stigma, and therefore i look forward to the future with Flybe. Whatever happens with GB/LGW/LHR will happen, and there wont be anything you can do to stop it, once WW has made his mind up, then that is a done deal. As posted by Rumours Everywhere in post 36, this is a Rumour Network, and only time will tell what will happen.