PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US bid to enable arming of US pilots on all flights
Old 12th Feb 2007, 16:30
RatherBeFlying

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts
My big problem with guns in the cockpit is that today the SLF are quick to pile on top of anybody attempting anything untoward. They will be much less so inclined if the cockpit door flies open and one of the crew happens to shoot an SLF who has come to assistance
WestCoast, the scenario I have in mind is a commotion in the back and the flight crew opening the door to shoot who

Certainly if anybody forcibly comes through the door in the other direction, I'm quite in favor of whatever weapon that can neutralise the threat without endangering the a/c.

Lets not forget that the SLF overwhelmed a well organised team of box-cutter armed hijackers aboard UA 93 and did at least prevent use of the a/c against a target in Washington.

With the current doors, the hijackers face great difficulty gaining control of the cockpit before the SLF get to them.

In the land of Quarter Pounders and Super Sized Portions, the human wave attack can be highly effective