PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reclining seats send airline tempers soaring
Old 12th Feb 2007, 13:05
Bluejay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EastMids Quote:
or pure arrogance and bloody mindedness!

The one with pure arrogance and bloody mindedness is you.

if you can't fit into an economy seat with the one in front of you reclined, fly business class

Thanks EastMids I appreciate your response and that is exactly the arrogance that I am on about, you just don't care wether your actions affect others or not. I do all that I can to ensure that I get a seat where I don't encounter people like you or yvonnelynch, early check-in, online checkin, get to the airport early etc etc etc, I have been very fortunate that by doing some of these things I have secured my desired seat or better, however there have been occaisions where this has not been possible.

Another example of arrogant attitudes and bloody mindedness:

Flew easyJet LGW-AMS (was with a party so not my first choice of carrier), unfortunatly ended up at the back of the aircraft. After takeoff pax in front reclined seat to fullest extent, therefore causing me discomfort, at no time did he ask if I minded (I even asked that he not recline so far!), he therefore ended up with two knees digging into his back! About half way through the flight he goes to the toilet, upon his return, he sits back down again and does the same thing, only this time he asks me if I was OK, I of course told him that with his seat fully back it was causing me discomfort (solution return to upright position or at least meet me halfway!), his reaction was to simply turn around and ignore the problem, he therefore got my knees in his back again.

The simple lesson here is ask me if I mind and we can come to a mutual agreement (i.e half recline etc), don't ask me and I will make you as uncomfortable as me!