PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - YSBK: Another aircraft down but safe
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2007, 06:54
Squawk7700

Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts
Mr Avi8tor, this type of problem in Jabiru's is *usually* caused by overheating. I can't see how you can think anything else.

Is it not a striking coincidence that we were experiencing high temperatures at the time? Is it possible that the aircraft did taxi for some 40+ minutes? If so, then yes, I can absolutely confirm that the aircraft was overheating. I know this, because all Jabiru's will overheat in those conditions, unless the engine was shut off.

There are literally hundreds of these aircraft and engines operating all over the world and when mis-treated this happens. They are manufactured to exact standards by an engine plant that cost many millions of dollars. They are absolutely identical and Jabiru are shipping out 24 aircraft and 85 engines a month!

The latest J160 that left the factory on Friday last week is EXACTLY the same as the ones that left around a year ago (I inspected it personally). Please tell me exactly what changes have been made to the engine that you speak of?

If you want to know why the engine failed, call Jabiru yourself and see what you find out. I'm tipping it's not a manufacturing defect! Here's the number 07 4155 2811.

Make the call, get your facts straight and post again tomorrow.