PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magneto/ Propeller pitch.
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2007, 06:34
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Messiah, I share your frustration at the PPRuNer tendancy to take some of the more straightforward elements of aviation and turn them into a complex dissertation, and would sight the 5 or 6 pages of a previous thread on "how to land a C182" as an example of this, not to mention the tendancy to turn flying a C152 into a B747-like multi-crew operation.

None-the-less, as someone who has tried hard for 33+ years to stay on top of my particular aviation niche, I have to say that I have learned a few things from hanging around in here - particularly from guys like Chuckles who, because of their inherent personality type (CC have you ever had a MBTI done?), have obviously spent a lot of time studing and thinking about most aspects of their flying - backed up by a bunch of hard won experience.

For example, as a result of hanging around in here, there is no doubt that I have a much better understanding of the most effective way to operate the IO520 up front of the BE35 that I fly, eg since I began leaning it soon after starting I have not had to deal with fouled plugs vs having to clear fouled plugs maybe 1 in every 4 starts.

However, as I pointed out in an earlier thread, the negative side of this is that when I taxy, the Bo no longer has the "cool" burble that I have loved for 33 years - it just runs smooth as a baby's bum, damn it!

I figure that if I pick up one thing that maybe stops me from smacking in, then its worth putting up with a bit of crap!

FTDC