PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reclining seats send airline tempers soaring
Old 12th Feb 2007, 02:39
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its amazing how many conflicts I have on flights over reclined seat backs!!! To be honest, its usually the icing on the cake after the battle through checkin, security, boarding and then not being allowed have a smoke onboard!!! Some people just explode when the person in front puts back their seats. Id love to think all passengers are polite enough to tell the passenger behind them that they are about to recline the seat but to be honest, I dont think I have ever witnessed it!!!! All I can do is tell the passenger that he/she is entitled to recline their seat also as the passenger in front has every right to recline theirs (and its true, I cannot tell a passenger not to recline their seats during the flight.,...not even at meal times, I can just ask them to!!!).

But during the meal services Im usually proactive in asking everyone to bring their seats up and it always works...fortunatley the vast vast vast majority of people are understanding during meal times.

As a 6ft tall crew member myself I hate flying longhaul as a passenger. Its such an issue with me and I just wish the heads involved would learn that they would actually be doing well (and perhaps justify the fares they charge on my airline) if they just took a row or two out of the planes and gave everyone a little more room! Wishful thinking!

Anyone seen those new Cathay Y class seats....GREAT IDEA!!!! Anyone have any experience of it???

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...conomyclass#f5