PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair: approach incidents in the news
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2007, 20:56
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post QED.

The question mark was omitted because your sentence wasn’t quoted in its entirety. Your use of the words “what” and “if”, so helpfully highlighted in this most recent version, renders the question mark redundant, I would have thought, but thanks anyway, I suppose.

How about this one, quoted in its entirety?
It is highly probably that there is an underlying link between the corporate management style which was recently lambasted by an Irish high court judge and the repercussions that pilots could face without independent representation.
Not much room for guesswork here, and before you set out highlighting probably (sic) and could, I’ve done it for you in the interests of goodwill. I know how busy you must be.
Or what about this one?
Because there have been so many reports of unstabilised approaches
How many, exactly? So many, Mr. Fine? Context? Relevance? Purpose?

As for:_
leaves you with little, if any, credibility amongst your fellow colleagues and pilot brethren.
As determined by whom? You? Well, you’ve got me there, haven’t you! There’s no doubting you’re the biggest swingin’ dick in this coral, Hos, but since you’ve so obviously pinned your colours to the anti-Ryanair (with plausible denyablity) mast, you’ll forgive me if I take your comments under advisement.

Let me finish with something you’ve written that is quite beautiful in its simple honesty and cuts to the core of my purpose.
We have already stated on this and other threads that Ryanair is going to be spotlighted more than others if only for the fact that they are bigger and operate more sectors than all the other LoCo's. That is going to be a burden that they have to bear
Clearly, not the only burden. I mean to point out, where I can, that there are alternate points of view to those that are popularly held, and to question the reasons why such errant views attract such popularity. Seeking to demean me in the process does you no service and adds, in my view, to the growing clamour of those who would so gleefully relish the muzzling and demise of a growing giant. A giant who, by the way, continues to transform our industry and the regions it serves in a profoundly positive way, creating opportunities for thousands of young pilots who would otherwise remain within the surly bonds of earth.