PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly
Thread: Thomsonfly
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2007, 20:47
BYALPHAINDIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Dear, Consolidation, Base closures? and staff spread around the country! What is the answer???

Listening to this continous 'episode' of what is the largest Tour operator in the UK, Is a 'far cry' from our BY days!!

I knew it when the Pressaug group 'rode' into town' that it was the start of a new German empire!!

I thought the Germans had money?? If they have it seems to me that they are trying to run a 40+ Aircraft fleet on the cheap??

I went into a Leeds Thomson shop, the other week, and I counted 11 different brochures - just for one season!!

I asked the friendly consultant why 11 brochures were justified, and she agreed that it is a waste??

If you calculate 800+ shops x 11 per season it starts to add up, First choice have 1 all year round brochure + 2 - 3 Spain,Greece etc.

Obviously there has to be marketing, But the majority of people are booking over the net now, So paper is not needed.

I think the TUI group needs to get back to basics, And think about it's priorities.

LBA has now gone, But you would be surprised at the number of people in Yorkshire aware of this, And from their point of view they are puzzled as to why after 30+ years Thomsonfly has pulled out??

The funny thing is the PAX is there!

I think in view of this Thomsonfly will lose a large amount of PAX this season, As not everyone can or will go to MAN.

The LBA customer base has being left in the cold.

If the TUI group doesn't get organised it may go down the 'Slide' It has already compared to the BY days!!

It seems at this current time TUI are 'like the wind' - whims + fancies, But no idea of a real 'solid' plan for it's future.

It could all go wrong in a big way??

I hope not.

Regards.