PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAC One-Eleven
Thread: BAC One-Eleven
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2007, 18:17
Fly380

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought this would have been a much more interesting thread. I was a Captain for nearly 3 years on the 500's. I have some wonderful memories like freighting 80 gallon barrels of demin water to places like Linate then finding the electric pump didnt work so had to hand pump the water in the tank. The pax wouldnt have believed it! As for Boris - did you work for the CAA or some other government agency or maybe even Boeing!? You obviously didnt like the 'BUS Stop' jet and even less what BEA/BOAC required of their aircraft to the detriment of the UK aviation industry. Well neither did I. Take away the forward steps and replace with concrete block. Remove water injection system. 'Apparently' BOAC were so fussy about how they wanted their Britannia 312's that by the time they were satisfied by them - the mighty 707 had been rolled out! BCal did not do such things. If the Yanks had designed the 1-11 it would have been a world beater at the time. Oh and for any other ex 1-11 pilots - anyone remember 2DIX. Answers on a postcard.