PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 11th Feb 2007, 06:36
delwy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too dip in here every so often to see the almost breathless rush of those who, in their desire to get a job in aviation, seem utterly blind to any warnings or risks. They seem to want to believe any nonsense they are told about future earnings and expectations and are willing to gamble ALL on the basis of no written guarantees or documentation up front. Perfect for exploitation.

You would not do this in any other area of life, nor would anyone advise you to act in such a way. What is it about aviation that attracts people so lacking in basic caution? As as been pointed out here, those of you involved in this are sources of revenue and profit at all stages of your progression pass or fail. Interestingly, when they get to command there is a steady rise in the failures of those coming through this system. This dos not matter to Ryanair, as the supply of like-minded pilots seems endless.

Daddy may pay for the CPL/IR, or even your hard-earned savings. But all semblance of common sense seems to leave when the panic of having the licence but no job arrives.

I have now spoken to three people who have failed to get through the Ryanair type rating course. ALL three have been unable to recover any of their money they paid upfront, including one who never even made it into the Full Flight Simulator. NO additional help was provided and their empty seat, remarkably, was filled the day after they failed. Think, just think, about that.

I have also spoken to many more who made it into Ryanair to discover that the warnings were not enough, because things were already worse they had been told.

The warnings are loud and clear and repeated. Just make sure you have enough money and, when things get worse in the aviation industry - as they always do - things will get even worse in Ryanair.