Old 11th Feb 2007, 05:59
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newspaper readers comments about the Ralph Fiennes Fiasco

Readers' Comments
Ralph Fiennes in sex scandal
By Marnie O'Neill

February 11, 2007 12:00

A QANTAS flight attendant faces the sack after being accused of having sex with British actor Ralph Fiennes in an aircraft toilet while flying from Australia to India.

Sydney-based Lisa Robertson, 38, met the star of The English Patient while working in the business-class cabin on flight QF 123 from Darwin to Mumbai on January 24.

In a confidential report to Qantas management obtained by The Sunday Telegraph, Ms Robertson is accused of chatting to Fiennes during the flight and being seen exiting the same toilet moments apart.
Read Full Story
Crew members waited outside the toilet? Sounds like jealousy to me. Normally they look out for each other to keep the coast clear.
Posted by: Nick Oz of Red HIll 4:03pm today
Comment 20 of 20

Since when do the flight stewards use the same toilet as the passngers, even in business class. Don't they have their own little haven where they can sleep on luxurious and spacious seats with their own toilets?
Posted by: George 3:45pm today
Comment 19 of 20

Please let Lisa be, look, I am quite a famous person and this wasn't the first time I'd enjoyed the services of flight attendant's. If every flight attendant I'd had sex with mid air were fired then the unemployment line would be very very long indeed. Thank you
Posted by: Ralph Fiennes of London 3:42pm today
Comment 18 of 20

This girl must have been either desparate or use to this sort of service. This guys not only ugly but looks a 100 years old. I suspect this is not her first frolic in the toilets of the mile high club. Not much can happen in this sort of confined space, so perhaps it should be called the one minute club. I know one minute sounds embarrassing anywhere, but to some its simply nothing.
Posted by: Hona Wikeepa of Sydney 2:49pm today
Comment 17 of 20

Unfortunately, there is a vile culture of dobbing on crew that is encouraged by the Current cabin Crew Management. morale has never been lower for cabin crew who work for a management who's noses are so firmly in the proverbial trough that it causes total disenchantment. This is a casual flight attendant who doesnt get sick leave, annual leave, or any travel benefits. cant get a home loan or a credit card either ...stress related behaviour i would have thought.
Posted by: A flight Attendant of Sydney 2:40pm today
Comment 16 of 20

Does anyone have her phone number ?
Posted by: Jimbo of Canberra 2:04pm today
Comment 15 of 20

All very innocent - there is nothing in this.I'd say one of the co-workers may have been jealous & decided to make a complaint.
Posted by: Wendy of Mid North Coast,NSW 1:42pm today
Comment 14 of 20

Let me understand this correctly: A hardworking, intelligent woman's job is in jeopardy all because an oversexed, egotistical actor doesn't know how to be have decently and thinks he's God's gift to women? Does this sound fair to her?
Posted by: Michelle Murray of Sydney 1:32pm today
Comment 13 of 20

Good to see the hostesses solving the recent problems with in-flight entertaiment. .God forbid even Ralph Fiennes should be forced to watch a Ralph Fiennes film.
Posted by: Ashleigh Flanders of Melbourne 12:51pm today
Comment 12 of 20

What's Ralph's account of the encounter? Has anyone from Qantas even dared to approach him? No sacking until both sides of the story have been fully investigated. But then, has Qantas ever been fair or impartial in these matters, particularly when it involves those of star-status, whatever that is?
Posted by: chris johnson of Robina 12:47pm today
Comment 11 of 20

Really, who cares??? Isn't there more important things to be worrying about. So what if she shagged him. Good on her. Would have made the long flight more enjoyable!!
Posted by: Marie of Sydney 11:52am today
Comment 10 of 20

Unless someone actually caught them in the act, then they should shut up. It's probably one of those gay flight stewards with their nose out of joint. She was providing him with first class service. Who cares? Not me.
Posted by: The Rodster of sydney 11:51am today
Comment 9 of 20

I think the crew members over-reacted on this issue and they caught her doing nothing She had her cloth on, Ms Robertson provided a statement about it to Qantas Management and end of the story I think there must be a certain amount of jealousy on the part of the other crew members of not having the same luck as Ms Robertson in becoming close to the STAR. By the way it takes two to tango what about asking some questions to the British Actor as well, It is not fair on Ms Robertson
Posted by: Claudio Ampuero of Queanbeyan 11:24am today
Comment 8 of 20

Your reportage of the Ralph Fiennes incident is tawdry , to say the least. How you obtained the "confidential" Qantas report should be revealed by your journalist. If I was the flight attendant involved I'd sue both your newspaper and Qantas for breaches of privacy.
Posted by: David Shaw of Manly 10:46am today
Comment 7 of 20

If the only thing to it was that she was on her break and nobody saw or heard her actually having sex, then she did nothing wrong. If she spent too much time talking to him or was openly flirting, and allowed him to remain in the jumpseat which is against safety rules, then she would need to be disiplined (probably just cautioned) accordingly. But then, if the complaint is still being processed, I'm sure we don't have the airlines version of the events that were witnessed by other light staff on that flight.
Posted by: Tracey of Queensland 9:46am today
Comment 6 of 20

ralph is not a good looking actor. wonder if the air hostess is good looking. give the woman a break. bill clinton still remained the president of the usa it cant get more scandalous than that give her a second chance at her job...
Posted by: Observer 7:32am today
Comment 5 of 20

Sounds like a fair explanation of events to me. Good luck Lisa and i hope you clear your name. As for Qantas, I will just add this to my reasons why I do not fly Qantas anymore.
Posted by: Tracker of Sydney 3:01am today
Comment 4 of 20

ehearing the heading of this article, and the punishment meted out so far, i was expecting to believe that this airline hostess had indeed done something unacceptable on this flight. upon reading furthur, and finding out about her backround and understanding that she is an intelligent, capable, hard working woman, i changed my mind. her statement is very believable, and so, it seems, is she. it sounds like this actor was being a bit forceful, and maybe taking advantage of her friendliness and engaging manor, that in the past has served her well in her profession. i believe that this desrves more checking out so that a professional who has beexcellent doesnt lose her job because a man who was trying to get his way isnt the reason that she is fired from this airline.
Posted by: valerie a peters of usa 2:21am today
Comment 3 of 20

What's Ralph say???
Posted by: James of Manly 1:46am today
Comment 2 of 20

Fair play - leave her be
Posted by: Murry Walker 12:31am today
Comment 1 of 20