PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jaguar OSD
Thread: Jaguar OSD
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2007, 19:53
NutLoose

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,282 Posts
Nut Loose,

As a civilian engineer, please try to remember, the fire in your office bin...caused by the plethora of wrigleys chewing gum wrapping papers and FHM magazines... can be put out, and you can leave the office and shut the doors. Try doing that at 25,000 Ft in a smoking sardine can.

When was last time you had to make an approach to your workplace avoiding enemy fire?

Are you liable to be blown apart by a roadside bomb in your comfortable little car park.

I guess the answer is no, then please, do keep your unqualified comments to yourself, and leave the military to decide what they believe they deserve!

CRPxGood

You seem to forget and obviously did not read my post fully, been there too mate..........

Remember, you joined up and accepted the risks as I did when I joined the RAF... or were you just wanting a quiet life in the Country free from the worries of where is my next paycheck coming from for the next 10 years?

Does that instantly make you a special case for an above inflation pay rise just because you are now having to do the Job you signed up and agreed to do for the renumeration you are getting? I think not.....

End of the day its not the "Military" as you believe should be deciding the rate you should get, but the people paying your wages, the taxpayers of this country through their legally appointed representatives........ The day we have a Military "Junta" deciding these things will be the day they have won.......

We all have choices to make in life, if you feel that you deserve more for what you are doing and are not happy in not getting it, Leave...... the choice is yours.....

Oh and the last time I had to approach my workplace when it was under fire was in the early eighties.

Last edited by NutLoose; 10th Feb 2007 at 20:09.