PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2007, 16:50
BEagle

Received 307 Likes on 114 Posts
The reason I didn't take the Piccadilly line was the usual one - delays were announced due to engineering works on the day in question. Also I didn't have the time to get from Chancery Lane to Thiefrow in the time the Underground takes. And I can assure you that I researched my travel options very carefully - normally I drive to Didcot and use the train, but as I was going to be away for a few days, I wasn't going to leave my car in the station car park...

Whether its 'signal failures', 'late running engineering works', the wrong type of snow on the line or whatever, the Underground is a frequent source of misery and frustration.

Whichever way you look at it, £37 return from Thiefrow to Chancery Lane is completely outrageous. Added to the frankly awful experience of travel from that wretched airport, it's even worse.

As for the profligate waste of money to hold the Olympic Games in 2012, I stand by my earlier comment. Billions of pounds for a few people to run, jump, splash about and throw things is excessive - particularly when the business case is ropey.

And I drive a 354bhp sports car, NOT a Chelsea Tractor!

Last edited by BEagle; 10th Feb 2007 at 17:02.