PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US bid to enable arming of US pilots on all flights
Old 10th Feb 2007, 16:23
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great idea!

Now weŽll go through at least three-day initial ground school of how to handle your weapon, how to clean it and maintain it ready. Also lot of lessons about gun safety which will make our cockpit security procedures look childlishly simple.

Refreshers with actual shooting practice in cockpit mock-up and at range at least twice a year! Yahooooo!

Now IŽve closed overbord vent, I invite everyone who said it was good idea to admit that (s)he has never, ever discharged a real gun, on range or otherwise. IŽve had my fair share of playing with guns while I was in the army and that made up my mind not to have anything with firearms ever again, unless positivelly forced by my goverment. Folks, I tell ya it ainŽt like in the movies at all! Michael Moore is heart-bleeding liberal but heŽs made good point: firearms do make more trouble than they solve.

Untill we solve the problem of everyone-hates-us-and-wants-us-dead, IŽll always vote for more armour, not more firepower.